Plas Bod Llwyd is a long established 27 bedded residential care home. The home enjoys an excellent local reputation for high quality care. It is ideally equipped to provide support for elderly people, whilst the furnishings create a warm, friendly and homely environment.
The residential accommodation is laid out over two floors, Plas Bod Llwyd’s interior is light and airy with all bedrooms and all extensive communal areas decorated and maintained to a high standard.
There is a kitchen / dining area which is well equipped to provide hot meals to residents in a flexible and homely environment. There are separate quiet lounges that residents can use if they wish.
Plas Bod Llwyd has its own industrial kitchen and laundry, ensuring that all housekeeping services can be provided by our dedicated staff team.
Our well-equipped bedrooms are bright, safe and comfortable and have the following:
- En-suite bathroom with access to disabled shower, toilet and hand-basin
- All rooms have profile beds and built in wardrobes
- Nurse-call system, allowing residents to contact staff and summon support as required, linking in to hand held devices with staff for responsive support
- Access to internet via personalised media points and Wi-Fi.
We encourage our residents to personalise their bedroom, by bringing their own personal belongings such as pictures and ornaments. All furniture and display shelving is provided by the care home and meets care standards and quality requirements.
Plas Bod Llwyd has an enclosed and well-maintained garden; with access via the ground floor. In addition, there is a conservatory overlooking the rear garden that residents can also use. The gardens are fully wheelchair accessible, and have numerous seating areas for residents to enjoy if they wish.
Plas Bod Llwyd has incorporated a number of unique facilities for residents and visitors to the home; these include:
- Ensuite Guest Room, which can be used by families in the event of an emergency
- Offstreet car and bike parking, situated at the rear of the home
Residents are encouraged to maintain as much independence as possible, with this in mind Plas Bod Llwyd offers the following services:
- Daily newspaper (upon request)
- Choice of doctor (residents are also able to retain their own local GP)
- Choice of Chiropodist; a qualified chiropodist visits Plas Bod Llwyd regularly (residents are also able to retain their own chiropodist).
- Choice of Dentist (residents are also able to retain their own dentist)
- Choice of Optician
- Complimentary therapist upon request
- Internet access in bedrooms (subject to additional charge).
- Kitchenette for visitors to make drinks